Here’s a DIY idea that I’ve just came across online – masking tape roads! Using rolls of old tape and a sharpie, you can make elaborate traffic systems anywhere in your home – and the kids will LOVE it. And what’s even better about this idea is that you can just pull up the masking tape when you’re done.
There are a few different ways to do this, and you can make do with whatever type of tape you’ve got at home. Here are some ideas:
- Use thin tape for each side of the road like this:
- Use thick tape with lines drawn on it for the road, like this:
- You can even get creative with some coloured tape, an example of which is shown here:
Alternatively, for the lazy Moosers amongst us, you can actually buy road tape on Amazon.ca! Some examples:
- Queen & Co Travel Trendy Tape, 15mm by 10-Yard, Road for $6.02 & free shipping
- Set of 2 Tear-off Tape Masking Tape for $19.63 & free shipping
- RoomMates Build-A-Road Peel and Stick Wall Decals for $15.67 & PRIME eligible
But from the prices of the above, I think you’d be better buying something like this thick masking tape ($4.99) or grabbing some at your local dollar store, and just drawing on some details.
Have fun, Moosers!