About Kobo Canada
Kobo makes enjoying your favourite books easier by letting you download ebooks and audiobooks directly to your desktop, or one of their nifty eReaders. If you have any questions about your purchase, try reading the text below. We've answered some of Kobo's most commonly asked questions.
How to Download the Kobo App
Simply click this link, enter your cell phone number, and they will text you a link to download the app for iOS, Android, or any other device!
Kobo Setup Instructions using a desktop or your eReader
Read this article and follow it's simply laid out steps to make sure you set up your Kobo eReader correctly.
Kobo Customer Service
Kobo customer service phone number: 1 (855) 732-3662
Kobo won't turn on or work properly? Try one of these solutions
- Press the home button to see if your device in functioning properly
- Try the old trick of turning it on and off
- Find the small reset hole on your eReader, which is location near the bottom of your device on under the back cover. DO NOT touch the small hole near the power switch. Once you found the hole, unwind a paper clip and gently stick it in there until you hear a click. That means your eReader has reset
If none of these work, try a Kobo factory reset (note, this doesn't work for the Kobo Arc. Those instructions are found after this list).
- Press the menu button
- Click settings
- Go to advanced settings and then click "advanced"
- Find and click "reset now" and then continue
This factory reset works for Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, and Kobo Mini.
For the Kobo Arc, you must turn your device off and then hold the power on and volume up buttons at the same time. This is factory reset you device, however, you will unfortunately have to set it up again and re-download your books.
Getting the Kobo "oops this document couldn't be opened" error message?
Usually this means you have to delete the file and re-download it onto your device. If that doesn't work, try the reset or factory reset options above. That should fix the problem!