The other day, I shared this little recipe for Baileys Truffles and it went down a storm, both here on the blog and on our Facebook page, getting so many shares there! Since then, I’ve tried the recipe myself and I can confirm that it is excellent. I just found another great recipe which looks simple and effective, so I will share this one with you too – they are DIY Chocolate Strawberry Christmas trees!!
What you need:
- 1lb Strawberries (remove stems)
- 12oz dark green candy melts (example)
- 24 Oreos
- Candy stars (optional)
- Slowly warm the candy melts in a double boiler (or microwave gently)
- Spoon small bit of icing on to each Oreo
- Dip strawberries in green candy using a toothpick
- Place strawberry on Oreo
- Decorate with sprinkles & candy stars
It looks like it might be a little bit fiddly, but the finished products look delicious!
If you can’t get the candy melts above, I might suggest that you use white chocolate and green colouring. There’s a tutorial on that here, but you can google for more tips too.