Blacks.ca: Canon T4i + 18 - 55mm Lens For Only $679.99 (Save $220)
The MSRP on this is $899.99 and I've found it elsewhere for around $800, give or take $30 but Black's has it for $679.99.
Bargainmooser Launa emailed in to add this:
I was in Blacks last night at WEM and strangely enough I am in the market of an entry level DSLR. What they told me is that the T4i actually has an in store rebate which brings the price down to $600.
Maybe worth a trip in-store to check that out too!! Thanks Launa.
I'm not a photographer. Not even a little bit. I do know a bit about cameras though and the T4i is a good camera. It's especially good as a starter camera. It's isn't feature packed (read:expensive) but it has enough in it to make it a solid piece of equipment. The lens it comes with is a good general purpose lens that you can use to shoot most things. Of course, being a DSLR you can get more lenses if you want to do some wide angle shooting or macro photography.
Here are the pertinent specs of the camera:
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, ISO 100-12800; expandable to 25600 (H) for shooting from bright to dim light and high performance DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- High speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture all the action
- Improved autofocus performance with a 9-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point), and new Hybrid CMOS AF increases autofocus speed when shooting photos and movies in Live View
- Enhanced EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p)
- New 3.0-inch Vari-angle Touch Screen Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately 1,040,000 dots) with smudge-resistant coating features multi-touch operation and Touch AF for an easy and intuitive experience, flexible positioning, and clear viewing even when outdoors
Another point is the video. As you can see in the middle of all that camera jargon, this camera shoots 1080p video at up to 30fps. Another nail in the coffin of the stand-alone consumer camcorder.
(Expires: 22nd November 2012)