Canadian Freebies: Dose Essential Music Mix
Today we have a nice collection of 15 songs for you free to download. This mix is compliments of Dose.ca and the National Post.
Dose.ca and the National Post have teamed up to help our visitors and readers discover great new music, essential to hear as they head back to school. We're rounded up songs from artists including Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Stars, Crystal Castles, and more. Download your FREE playlist on iTunes now!
To download you need iTunes. If you have iTunes, click the "Get iTunes Code" button to generate an iTunes Code. Save/Copy the code and then click the "Get it Free on iTunes" button. You will need to sign in to your iTunes account and then put in the iTunes code. The songs will then automatically start downloading.
Here is a full list of the artists - songs you will be listening to:
- Arcade Fire - "Ready to Start"
- Black Mountain - "Hair Song"
- Broken Social Scene - "Texico &^%$*es"
- Crystal Castles - "Celestica"
- Delorean -"Stay Close"
- Fol Chen - "In Ruins"
- Gorillaz - "Rhinestone Eyes"
- Kidstreet - "X"
- LCD Soundsystem - "I Can Change"
- Meligrove Band - "Halflight"
- Sia - "The Fight"
- Stars - "Wasted Daylight"
- Surfer Blood - "Swim"
- Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "Even Heroes Have to Die"
- Tokyo Police Club - "Boots of Danger (Wait Up)"
I have to say the songs were not my type, but then I am an old rock kinda girl and this is more alternative / pop music. However, Wasted Daylight had a sort of charm to it that was quaint and I enjoyed in my exhausted slightly incoherent Friday afternoon state.