For Christmas gifts, I really like to make gifts for whoever I can rather than buy them. I can knit, crochet, paint.. you name it. But the fastest way to get gifts made up has to be by knitting them. There are also way more free knitting patterns than anything else. So if you're handy with a pair of knitting needles then let's get started with some free Christmas knitting patterns from KnitPicks.com!
So KnitPicks.com has an entire section devoted to their free knitting patterns. You can have a browse around to find something that suits you, but I am going to highlight the Christmas themed items since that is the holiday that is fast approaching. I also like that KnitPicks.com lets you know the approximate cost of the materials for each project, so you can see if it is affordable to make something for each family member or not. The costs look pretty reasonable to me!
So here are the free Holiday knitting patterns from KnitPicks.com:
- Holiday Pillow Set (approximate $16.14)
- Holiday Elf (can wear the shirt pattern below) (approximate $13.96)
- Elf-Sized Hawaiian Shirt Pattern (approximate $13.96 for a few)
- Santa Hat Pattern
- The Best of the Worst Ugly Sweaters 2015
- Holiday Earflap Hat
- Penguin Ornament (approximate $18.76 for a pair)
- Holiday Stocking (approximate $10.47)
- Mini Stocking Ornaments (approximate $4.69)
- Tinsel Tree Pattern (approximate $11.78 for many)
- Grumpy, the Lump of Coal (approximate $6.98)
- Snowmen Pattern (approximate $20.94 for a few)
- Christmas Pickle Ornament Pattern
- Tiny Holiday Sweater Ornament Pattern
- Tiny Holiday Scarf Ornament Pattern
I would have to say that the adorable Penguin Ornament is by far my favourite. I am going to make a few of them just as toy gifts for my nieces and newphews. Who says we have to follow the exact pattern, right?!
So here are quite a few free knitting patterns to get you started for the Holiday season. If you happen to find any other Christmas theme patterns for free on KnitPicks.com, be sure to let us know in the comments below. We want to make sure you guys have all the options right in one place, rather than having to search high and low through the website like I had to do.
So, Moosers... are you going to make any of these knitted items?