Couponizer: A Review
I recently got sent a Couponizer. My husband and I are quite the coupon clippers utilizing such sites as Save.ca (which I access through onecoupon.ca as it compiles all of Save.ca's coupons), as well as WebSaver.ca and a few others. At any time we can have between a 1 - 2 inch thick stack of coupons in a little box.
It has proven in the past to be a disfunctional system, sticking coupons in a box, because sometimes we can't find the coupon we know we have and other times we find it after a good 5 minutes of looking. Often coupons expire (a shame) before getting used.
Thus I welcomed the chance at gaining a Couponizer and here is my review:
- The 3 pockets at the beginning for 'coupons for this trip', 'checkout' and 'expire this month' are truly an asset. I tried doing that every shopping trip by hand, and this makes it easy.
- The pockets for each coupon and what goes where makes sense. Meat, Dairy, Baking... simple.
- Pockets are organized alphabetically.
- It has a vegetarian pocket.
- Pockets are good decent quality. coupons slide right in. Ease of use is remarkable.
- Decent quality scissors.
List of things that I was neutral on:
- Several pockets I wont ever use, like the rewards pocket. Also If I kept my receipts in the couponizer pocket for them it would be full in no time.
- The coupon sorting mat I don't use and don't see myself ever using. Sorting the coupons directly into the book is really very easy, no need for the mat.
- No pocket mentions coupons related to books (like for Chapters or Bookcloseouts). So I put the coupon under entertainment.
- Spiral bound can make closing the book a little difficult, you need to make sure you close it right, No biggy.
List of cons:
- Putting the couponizer back into its bag is a headache. The bag is an awkward fit, you need to put it in at a strange angle. I like to keep it in the bag so that the scissors are together with the book and the coupon sorting mat, but I am about to abandon the bag as it is a real pain to put the book into.
- No handle on the bag. The bag is really a piece of junk. Could be a cool bag, but it isn't.
- I don't like that it has laundry as a separate category from like dishwashing detergent and dish soap. I think that laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent, and such should all be under one category.
As you can see, it is mostly all positives. I really like my couponizer and would dread going back to a box! It organizes coupons so well and I can see what I have coupons for, and what I am missing. There is just something so easy about using it, it is wonderful.
We just used it for our shopping trip last night and saved nearly $10 (bill came to $86) with our coupons. :-) We even remembered to use two that were expiring this month because of their special pocket!