This isn't like the tower defence games you remember from back in the day. This is awesome and it's from Steam!
The game is normally $14.99 but the 20% off saves you $3 and you only pay $11.99. You also get some cool sounding DLC and access to the beta. This is pre-order so the game only activates on 21st May 2013. It's a digital download for PC or Mac so there is no shipping.
So when I say this is awesome, I mean it. You just need to look at the list of features to see that. The whole list is a bit long but I included it because I think it explains the game quite well.
- A mix of tower defense strategy with collectible card mechanics!
- No micro-transactions or additional payments!
- Random cards drop means different strategy for every player!
- Upgrade and mix cards for maximum destruction!
- Custom deck lets you pick perfect cards for each mission!
- Perk system for your hero!
- Story-based campaign with 23 missions!
- Mission generator offers infinite replayability!
- Enemy buildings in game heal and buff attacking creeps!
- 20 towers, each with up to 25 upgrades!
- 11 magic spells that can be upgraded too!
- 36 types of enemies!
- Bosses, mini-bosses and huge bosses.
- Flying battleship!
And if that wasn't enough, here's a trailer!
The game seems really innovative in a genre that really is kind of boring. There is only so much you can do with a tower defence game but these guys have created what looks like a compelling experience.