Stuck at home with the kids and struggling to find something fun to do? Why not make some homemade fudge? It's real easy to do, and most of the ingredients you'll have in your cupboard anyway. Worry not if you're like something off of Nailed It! Microwave Fudge is one of the most simple treats you can conjure up in the kitchen.
- 400g caster sugar
- 100g soft brown sugar*
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 1 300ml tin condensed milk*
- 100g butter (use salted butter if you want that salted caramel taste to it)
- Put everything but the vanilla extract in a microwaveable bowl.
- Set your microwave to high and cook for just two minutes.
- After that has elapsed keep going at ten seconds at a time until the butter has melted.
- Put it back into the microwave again on high, but stop to stir every two minutes.
- Once eight minutes has passed, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the fudgy mixture into a greased baking tray and let it cool down.
- Once at room temperature score into squares or cut into some novelty shapes.
You can add in different flavours like cinnamon, chocolate*or whatever else you like.