CIBC Bank: Recieve up to $400 with Credit Card & New Account
Earn up to $400 in cash when you apply for the Tim Hortons Double Double Credit Card and open a new Chequing Account with CIBC.
As you can imagine, this deal has a few steps that you need to take before you can earn that bonus $400. However, I am pretty excited about this offer from CIBC as $400 is a huge bonus - completely annihilating any bonuses I have seen from the competition!
1. First you need to apply for (and be accepted for) the Tim Hortons Double Double Visa Card. With this card, you will earn 1% of the total you spend back in Tim Hortons dollars. The card has no annual fee and a 19.99% interest rate.
2. Next, you need to open a CIBC chequing account. Choose from one of three eligible accounts:
- CIBC Unlimited Chequing Account - $13.95/m
- CIBC EverydayPlus Chequing Account - $9.95/m
- CIBC PremierService Account - $28.95/m
I have shown their monthly fees beside the links to them for more information. The EverydayPlus is the cheapest account with a limit of 25 transactions per month. For the average person, this should be enough.
After you have your shiny new chequing account, you must take two other steps.
3. Pay a bill or send an INTERAC e-Transfer using their mobile app or online banking services. Complete this step and you will receive $100 cash in your new account.
4. Complete an eligible direct deposit or two eligible pre-authorized payments. Complete this step and you will receive an additional $300 cash deposited into your new account.
Follow these four steps and you will receive $400 from CIBC. Pretty awesome deal, eh? I suggest reading all the fine print to make sure you are completing the steps correctly and in a timely manner. There is no point going through a few of the steps to earn nothing by missing the deadline or missing out on a step.
While such an offer makes it horribly tempting for me to switch banks (again), I am too lazy to uproot my funds from my current bank. However, if you are in search of a new bank than this is an excellent opportunity to not only get a new bank and credit card, but to also earn a large chunk of cash for changing over. You can do an awful lot with $400.
So Moosers, what would you do with a free $400 from CIBC?
(Expiry: 31st October 2014)