It may be often repeated, but it is certainly no cliché—Moms have the hardest job in the world. If fact, every day should be Mother's Day, but we all know that sure ain't the case. Nope, it's all about the kids, from conception to eternity, and you know what? Moms wouldn't have it any other way.
We have one day a year that's reserved just for them. We buy flowers and cards, set tables and pull out all the stops in our efforts to accurately display our appreciation to these incredible women who give all of themselves for their kids, their communities, their tribes—for us.
Gifts, trinkets, flowers and special meals are all things that moms deserve, but sometimes more than anything else, she just needs to hear a kind word.
Here are 20 things you should say to a mom, any mom—yours, your best friend, the tired lady in the grocery store with the screaming babe on her hip—for Mother's Day this year:
1. I couldn't have done it without you.
2. I know you have one million things going on in your head at all times, and I'm in awe of how you keep it all together.
3. Tell me the story of the day I was born.
4. No, you don't smell like sour milk.
5. It's okay to cry.
6. You look beautiful.
7. Your kids are a perfect reflection of all that you do.
8. Your strength is an inspiration.
9. You are doing a great job.
10. The way your kids' faces light up when they look at you says it all.
11. You may not have known it at the time, but I heard every piece of advice you ever gave me. And most of it was true.
12. It's okay to make mistakes. Perfection is bullsh*t.
13. We're all in this together.
14. When I'm with you I always feel safe.
15. I'm sorry for all the times I barfed on you.
16. You'll always be the one they run to when they are feeling sick, sad or lonely. Nobody will ever comfort them quite like you do.
17. I don't know how you put up with me, but I'm glad you did.
18. Your grace under pressure, selfless devotion and fierce love have not gone unnoticed. You are everything.
19. Thank you.
20. I love you.
What do you want to tell the moms in your life this weekend? You should do it, it means more than you know.
Happy Mother's Day!
TOPICS: Mother's Day