CLOTHING AND DIAPERS
Here at BargainMoose we know that babies and kids tend to come with some hefty price tags, which is why we aim to get you the best Canadian offers on the things you purchase most often. And if there are two things you'll be buying a lot of in those first few years, it's clothing and diapers. From onesies to occasion outfits, from organic diapers to wipes, every dollar counts when you're shopping for childrenand every penny saved is a penny earned!
BIG STYLES, LITTLE PRICE TAGS
Kids will be cute and little only for so long, so dressing them in anything other than the cutest, trendiest little outfits would be a downright pity. Not sure how to combine your love of saving with your love of adorable kids' clothes? Here are a few tips:
- Buy on sale. Those "new arrivals" might have Junior's name all over them, but paying full price for kids clothing can put a serious damper on your finances. Get used to shopping on sale and get good at being first on the scene when the sales hit!
- Buy in bulk. Little Scarlett might be adorable, but she wears holes through her tights and leggings faster than you can buy her new ones. Wait for a good sale or promotion and buy in bulk. This might involve buying some pairs in the next size up, too!
- Invest in some cute accessories. Buying a new outfit for every occasion can get pricy, but sweet accessories like headbands, suspenders, hats or even shoes can give your little one a whole new look for less!
- Subscribe to email alerts. Wading through a list of promotional emails might not be fun, but neither is missing out on great savings. Be sure to subscribe to receive emails from your favourite kids stores, as well as BargainMoose deal alerts. Doing so will ensure you stay one step ahead of the crowds when it comes to sales, coupons and exclusive offers.
SAVING ON DIAPERS AND DIEAPERING ESSENTIALS
When your friends warned you about the number of diapers you're going to change, they weren't kidding. With most babies using diapers for at least the first two years, spending money here is virtually unavoidable. Here are some ways to lessen the burden:
- Consider cloth diapers. Cloth diapering isn't for everyone, but it's definitely the more economical and environmentally friendly option. These days, cloth diapers are cute, mess-free and easy to use, so don't write them off before giving them a fair chance! Be sure to check out Well.caand Babies "R" Us for some excellent cloth diaper options.
- Buy in bulk. If that means lining your walls with diaper boxes, so be it! Don't let an especially good sale or coupon pass you by without stocking up for the next month (or two, or three!).
- Shop around. The same brand of diapers and wipes might be sold for a different price atWalmartthan at Costcoor your local grocerystore. The difference might seem negligible, but it adds up!
- Watch for coupon codes. Coupons are every parents' dream come true when it comes to buying diapers and diapering supplies. With some coupons as good a 50% off, you won't want to miss your chance to save!