MEDS AND FITNESS
Remember that New Year's resolution you made a few months back? You know - the one where you promised yourself to be healthier and more active? At BargainMoose, it doesn't have to be January for you to start saving on products and services that boost your health and well being. On this page we post the latest Canadian deals that will get you savings on everything from medicine and vitamins to weights and resistance bands and so much more. Beyond the coupons and promotional offers you'll find on this page, here are our top tips on staying healthy without breaking the bank...
KEEP A WELL-STOCKED MEDICINE CABINET
Being prepared is always a good idea, but perhaps even more so when you've got kids. Not counting unexpected medical emergencies, most of the medications you'll ever need for both you and your kidsis easily purchased at your local or online pharmacy and kept on-hand in your medicine cabinet. Doing so will save you the late-night drive to a 24-hour pharmacy in search of decongestant and help you save on your medicine by scoping out the best deals before crisis hits! Some basic medicine cabinet staples include:
- First aid supplies such as gauze, Band-Aids, medical tape, antibiotic cream, etc.
- Pain meds such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen
- Cold and cough medications such as cough syrup and decongestant
- Allergy medications
- Topical meds such as calamine lotion, antihistamine cream, cortisone cream, etc.
NOTE: Always remember to check the age advisory for all medicines you keep in your cabinet. Don't assume that the cough syrup you give to your older child will also be safe for your toddler. Those with young kids will usually need to purchase two versions of most medications, so make sure you're prepared!
SAVE BIG ON FITNESS ESSENTIALS
With so many ads out there advertising everything from the latest fitness techto the newest must-have yogapants, figuring out exactly what you need to reach your own fitness goals can at times be overwhelming. Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping around for anything fitness-related:
- Keep it simple, big money doesn't always mean big results. It's easy to fall into the fitness spending trap, whether it's weight loss supplements you're buying or the latest total body workout machine. Remember that there are countless fitness-boosting activities like walking, jogging, swimming, etc. that are completely free.
- Shop around for cheaper alternatives. If you're looking to try your hand at an activity such as running, golf, weight training, etc. don't immediately purchase the top quality gear. Look for cheaper alternatives and keep the spending to a minimum until you're certain that you'll actually want to continue with the sport.
- Wait for sales and coupon offers. Many fitness-related products and services will offer deals and discounts on a regular basis. Whether it's a Weightwatchersmembership or a Bowflexmachine, great savings are possible via promotional offers, coupon codes, sales and other deals. Be sure to keep an eye on this page for the latest ways to save!