Just in time for the holidays, Via Rail is offering 50% off select routes in Canada within the Québec City – Windsor corridor as well as Eastern and Western long haul trips.
‘Tis most certainly the season to travel, especially if there is a holiday party you need to attend that is far away. Considering how massive snowstorms can hit us Canadians at any time, it’s definitely much safer to travel via train than it is by car and even then, there are countless other advantages to travelling by train, such as having no gas cost, and the fact that you can sleep, read, and watch movies while you travel.
Here is a quick overview of some of the prices you can expect to see (valid for either direction):
- Toronto-London: $38 economy / $65 business
- Toronto-Montreal: $78 economy / $124 business
- Toronto-Ottawa: $73 economy / $114 business
- Ottawa-Quebec City: $66 economy / $119 business
- Montreal-Halifax: $119 economy / $207 sleeper class
- Toronto-Edmonton: $216 economy / $346 sleeper plus
- Toronto-Vancouver: $296 economy / $512 sleeper plus
The best part is that you can book tickets for travel up until February 28th 2014. That means that although it’s a great opportunity to save on a holiday trip, you could also plan a romantic getaway with a loved one for Valentine’s Day!
(Expiry: 16th December 2013)