Bank of Montreal (BMO) has an interesting though odd deal going on right now. When you open (select) chequing and savings accounts with them, you can qualify for up to a $200 bonus cash offer!
If you have been planning on changing banks anyway, this might be a nice incentive to get on it and earn yourself $200 in the process.
You have three chequing accounts to choose from.
- Performance Plan: $13.95/m (Free with a balance of $3,000 or more) – Get $100 Bonus
- Premium Plan $25/m (Free with a balance of $5,000 or more) – Get $100 Bonus
- Plus Plan $9.95/m (Free with a balance of $2,000 or more) – Get $50 Bonus
To qualify for the bonuses, you must open a new chequing account before July 31, 2013, and add at least one pre-authorized bill payment and one direct deposit on the account.
Then you pair them up with your choice of two savings accounts:
- Smart Saver Account – Get $100 Bonus
- Premium Rate Savings Account – Get $100 Bonus
To qualify for the bonuses you must open a new savings account by July 31, 2013 and make a $10,000 deposit by July 31, 2013.
As I mentioned above: this offer may be best for those changing banks, as a $10,000 deposit is not just petty change. But I do know how often people get fed-up with banks, and added incentives like a $200 cash bonus can be a really nice feature if you already want to change banks due to mismanagement, poor customer service, high fees, etc.
Have you banked with BMO? What do you think of them?
(Expiry: 31st July 2013)