Best Buy has $70 off the Direct Alert emergency response system, now only $129.99, was $199.99. This item is only available online.
If you are elderly or know someone is, or someone who might need some type of emergency response system handy in their home, this is a great deal to look at. I know too many elderly people who lived alone at home, who were in danger of falls or getting sick and having no one to help them. This can be so dangerous, especially if you don’t have someone checking in on you everyday.
The features of this product include:
- two-way voice speakerphone, which makes it easy to communicate to the Emergency Response Centre from anywhere in Canada
- personal help button, which is water-resistant and has a 600-foot range, so you always have it on you
- instant response, which means someone will answer within seconds or help will be dispatched immediately
- easily wearability on your neck or wrist
- no activation fees or contracts with your paid subscription
- works everywhere in Canada so you can travel and still feel safe
You will need to activate a subscription, which is sold separately, and I don’t know the details on pricing for this, but this unit itself is a great deal. It will also ship for free as it is over $20.
(Expiry: 1st October 2013)